Resources used for delivery of Digital Citizenship Action Plan
● www.mediasmarts.ca - A Canadian, not-for-profit charitable organization for
digital and media literacy. Their vision is that children and youth have the
critical thinking skills to engage with media as active and informed digital
● www.youthprivacy.ca - A site available from the youth privacy section of the
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Here you will find a variety of
resources and tools that have been designed for Canadian educators and
● www.commonsensemedia.org - A resource dedicated to improving the lives of
kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and
independent voice needed to thrive in a world of media and technology.
● www.netsmartz.org - A resource provided for parents/guardians, educators
and youth from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
● www.reallifeonline.ca - An Ontario resource that aims to educate children to be
safe and healthy by applying real life behaviours to life online.
● www.cybertip.ca - A resource operated by the Canadian Centre for Child
Protection, the site’s mandate is to protect children from online sexual
● www.kidsintheknow.ca - A safety program designed to empower children and
reduce their risk of victimization with a focus on self-esteem and critical